Chemistry, Biochemistry and Environmental Protection
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Environmental Protection together with other four departments is part of the Faculty of Sciences in Novi Sad. It is an educational and research institution in the fields of chemistry and related disciplines. Although chemistry at the University of Novi Sad has been studied since 1946, a separate study group in chemistry started working in 1961 within Chair of Chemistry at the Faculty of Philosophy. Teaching and Research Group of Chemistry was integrated with the Institute of Chemistry in 1977 and current name was given in 2003.
The Department has 43 teachers and assistants and over 1000 students. In addition to teaching staff, the Department employs up to 40 members of technical and administrative staff.
The Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Environmental Protections comprises educational, science and research and publishing activities. They are organized in seven chairs:
Educational activity comprises primary, master and doctoral studies and teacher development. Science and research activities are achieved through fundamental and applied research in chemistry and biochemistry, transferring the results of scientific research into practice.
The laboratories of the Department of Chemistry are equipped with the standard equipment necessary for routine measurements, teaching and research activities (pH meters, voltmeters, coulometers, multimeters, colorimeters, voltameter devices, thermostats, rotary evaporators, etc.) as well as with capital and specific equipment such as NMRs, HPLC, gas chromatograph with mass spectrometer, FTIR, UV/VIS spectrophotometers, atomic absorption spectrophotometer, TOC analyzer, etc.